8.07.2012

Cupcakes!

I knew when I scheduled a shoot with a three-year-old I would need to bring the big guns. I have a three-year-old and if I want photos of him I probably resemble a National Geographic photographer stalking my subject in the Serengeti.

Now I may not be familiar with raising girls, but from keen observation I deducted that confetti and cupcakes should go over well. I mean, who doesn't like cupcakes?

I first hit up the dollar store and scored two big bags on confetti and ribbon. I didn't use the ribbon and I only used one big bag. They were BIG BAGS of confetti. It was a major score.


Little girls like ribbon and confetti, right? ;) I'm entering unchartered territory.


I contacted one of my past clients who makes cupcakes and cakes as a hobby and asked if she could make me half a dozen cupcakes.

Then I got super specific and asked for one pink, one purple and one white...and a white one with a pink A and a white one with a purple A. But the A had to be girly and not a stick-figure primary type A. And not hot pink, just a girly pink but certainly not pastel pink. And can you make one a lady-bug too? And can you have them ready in 4 days from today because I didn't plan ahead like I thought I would?

And she said "no problem."

I picked them up a couple of hours before our shoot and they were absolutely exactly what I imagined.
These particular cupcakes were vanilla with almond frosting. I gifted them to my clients and rumor has it they were delicious.
Cupcakes by Krissie

Cupcakes by Krissie

Cupcakes by Krissie

Cupcakes by Krissie

Cupcakes by Krissie

Cupcakes by Krissie

 I recommend if you are in the Carlsbad area and in need of a cake or cupcakes for a special occasion, give Krissie a call. (I'm not going to lie, I did get a bit of frosting on my finger while I was taking these photos and it was heavenly. I'm still thinking about it.) Everything she makes is absolutely all hand-made and one of a kind. Now I'm off to figure out some obscure holiday to justify ordering more cupcakes.

(I honestly thought this posted waaaaay back and now just saw it in my drafts folder! Doh! I'm a baaaaaaad blogger)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the awesome props! If I blogged I'm sure I'd have a list of things to say about you and your beautiful photographs! I'm still amazed those are my cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look too pretty to eat, but I probably would anyway :D

    ReplyDelete